The day before yesterday I had a horrible experience happen to me. I was at a retail store with my significant other, and we were purchasing holiday assortments. We were planning on being in the house for the whole holiday enjoying each others company. When we left this particular retail store, I noticed my wallet was missing. “Yes” ladies and gentlemen I lost my wallet with cash, credit cards, social security card, and checks on the day before Thanksgiving(Which one of you people put a hex on me?). I tried to back track but it was getting late in the day and most stores were closing, so I had to just bite the bullet and deal with the fact that I lost it. I could'nt be upset with anyone but myself. Had I have paid more attention to what I was doing I wouldn’t be in this situation. But it got me to thinking as well. Not only did I lose my vital information, but none of my information is current on any of my checks, DL card, or anything. If someone were to find it where would they even send it? There isn’t a number to contact me, and the address on my license is so old that it wouldn’t even forward. All in all not a good day, for me and so I decided to pass this information to you with a few tips on how to avoid my situation.
- Keep your information current on your identification
- Implement a “If found card” in your wallet with a number on how to get a hold of you should someone find it
- Don’t carry around your Social Security card
- Try to keep your license in the car, and get a state issued Identification to use as your source of identity
- Make sure before you leave the cash register that you don’t allow anyone to rush you get your things together.
These are just some helpful hints that I hope can help someone else during this holiday season.
Until Next Time…………